We have secured funding for a 6-month contract to deliver fundraising, marketing and administration support, working closely with the Directors to take the recently formed Wiltshire Digital Drive CIC to the next level, increasing our reach, impact and longer-term sustainability.
- Managing our social media channels, including twitter, LinkedIn and our Facebook group to raise our profile, increase awareness and drive donations.
- Monitoring results of social media activity to hone our approach and increase impact.
- Contributing to PR and marketing activities, including drafting press releases, keeping website content up to date and identifying opportunities for media coverage.
- Further developing our corporate fundraising activities, including raising our profile within the business community, establishing relationships and securing donations of IT equipment and monetary pledges for Business Hive;
- Further developing our community fundraising activities to secure donations of laptops and financial donations from individuals;
- Contributing to our grant fundraising activities by researching potential funders and drafting tailored applications that meet both the funding criteria and our needs;
- Acting as first point of contact for schools and other organisations applying for equipment, processing applications, responding to queries and arranging deliveries of kit.
- Liaising with donors to arrange collection of laptops for refurbishment and coordinating with Priority IT so these are ready for redistribution in a timely manner.
- Taking responsibility for day-to-day administrative support and provide PA duties to the directors, including setting up meetings and working together on reviewing applications.
- Researching opportunities to raise the organisation’s profile and celebrate its achievements through identifying potential awards to enter and speaking opportunities for directors.
- Representing Wiltshire Digital Drive at business and community networking events.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of this post as reasonably requested by your line manager.
- To work in a manner which protects your own Health & Safety and that of others.
Key Success Factors:
- Agreed activity targets are met for donor numbers and collection and redistribution of laptops.
- Social media activity is well-planned, timely, accurately produced and appealing
- Engagement is measured and analysis is used to inform future activity
- Processes are established for administration and fundraising activities which increase efficiency and create a platform for continued growth and sustainability
Hours: 25 per week | Salary: £24,000 Pro-rata | Applications Close: 13/12/2020 | Start date: January 2021
Fundraising and Marketing Officer
KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A degree level qualification in marketing, PR or media related subject OR relevant hands-on experience in a marketing related role
- Expertise in at least one fundraising specialism (corporate, community, grants) with some knowledge of the other areas
- Good written English shown by a qualification in English Language at Level 2 or above
- Good knowledge of the main social media channels, combined with practical experience of using them in a business or charity context
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High attention to detail including good use of grammar and spelling
- Ability to convey ideas and messages in a concise, attention-grabbing way
- Creative flair and ability to generate unique ideas
- Time management and organisational skills
- Good administrative skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office packages
- Confident, professional and friendly telephone manner, including being comfortable with making outbound calls to establish new relationships
- Good research skills
- Analytical skills, for example experience of analysing data or trends and using this information to inform decision making
- Fundraising experience, with proven success in at least one key specialism (corporate, community, grants)
- Networking and relationship building skills
- Strong persuasive writing skills, demonstrated through experience in contributing to bids, grant applications, tenders, or award applications.
MOTIVATION, BEHAVIOUR AND ATTITUDE
- Passionate about our mission to provide technology to enable learning and remove barriers to education.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic – someone who seeks out opportunities and makes things happen.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the Wiltshire area
- Flexibility to work both from home and in the Corsham office on occasions
- Willingness and ability to attend occasional events outside of usual business hours
To Apply: please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Natalie Sherman on 01225 809990